The Town of Pinawa is governed by a Mayor and four Councillors, who are all elected and serve a four-year term. Council meets on the second Tuesday of every month.
“The Local Government District of Pinawa is committed to sustainable, affordable growth through progressive and well-managed planning for the future.”
The Local Government District of Pinawa Council meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers at the Town Office. These meetings are open to the public.
If you attend the following points should be noted:
- You are in the gallery and are not a part of the meeting
- You are there to observe and will not take part in the dialogue UNLESS
- You have written and asked to make a presentation to Council OR
- You have come to a hearing about a By-law that has been advertised and you want to make a statement. If this is the case you should identify yourself when Council asks if anyone is present who wants to speak about that issue.
LGD OF Pinawa Municipal Taxes are due August 31 of each year, by 4:30 pm
Please remember to deduct $50 from the total amount owing on your Property Tax bill
The LGD will accept one payment for both the Taxes and Shaw Direct Satellite
- 2010 Non-Consolidated Audited Financial Statement (849.5 KiB)
- 2011 Non-Consolidated Financial Statements (735.9 KiB)
- Local Gaming Authority Financial Report 2015
Council members are appointed yearly to serve on Committees as outlined in the documents below.