Property Taxes

Property Tax Statements are mailed out in June and are due on the last business day of August. Taxes are assessed from January 1st to December 31st of the current year.  If you do not receive a tax statement please contact the Municipal Office at 204 753-5102. It is the property owner’s responsibility to notify the Municipal office of mailing address changes. 

All outstanding balances are charged a penalty of 1.25% per month on the 1st of every month until the balance is paid in full.  

If you have purchased or sold property please check with your solicitor to see who is responsible for tax payment. 

The property owner's name and address which appears on the tax statement is in accordance with the latest information which has been made available to the municipality. If, however, any ownership change has since occurred, please forward the bill to the current owner or return it immediately to the municipal office with an explanation. Failure to receive a bill does not excuse an owner from responsibility for payment of taxes nor relieve that owner from liability for any late payment penalty.

Payment may be made in person or by mail (via cash, cheque or debit), online through any Credit Union or Bank of Montreal or via e-transfer to  Please allow 3 - 5 business days if paying online.

Tax calculation:
Portioned assessment/1000 x mill rate

Example:  Assessed Value $250,000
$250,000 x .45 = $112,500 (portioned assessment)
$112,500/1000 x 35.70 = $4,016.25 (2021 taxes)

Mill Rate





The mill rate applies to each $1,000 of the portioned assessment value of your home. Portioned assessment is 45% (residential) or 65% (commercial) of your assessed value.

Education Property Tax Credit Advance (EPTCA)

Property owners are eligible for an Education Property Tax Credit Advance in the amount of $700.00 on the property that is considered their principal residence. You are eligible to receive this credit once for your primary residence that you own. To receive the tax credit advance, you must have purchased your home as of January 1st. If you have been living at your primary residence since January 1st or earlier and have NOT received the rebate on your tax bill, you will need to apply for the rebate when you do your personal income tax. 

If EPTCA is not received on the current year's property tax bill, the tax credit may be claimed via personal income tax return. To have the credit added to the next years' property tax bill, download and complete the attached Education Property Tax Credit Advance (EPTCA) form and return to the Municipal Office.