By-Law / Dog Control Officer
Dog Control By-law #846-19
You are permitted to have domesticated animals as pets, such as dogs, with the maximum allowed being three. You can help keep your pet safe by following these rules.
- All dogs must be licensed. You can purchase a dog license at the LGD of Pinawa Municipal Office.
- Animals are not allowed to run at large or trespass on public or private property. They must be contained on your yard or on a leash.
- Dogs are not allowed to disturb the peace by barking or howling.
- Dogs must be leashed when walking or exercising your pet.
- Please pick up waste if your animal has defecated on public or private property and dispose of it in a garbage can.
- The owner of every dog shall, within 3 weeks of obtaining a dog, or within 3 weeks of becoming a resident of the Town of Pinawa, register the dog at the Municipal Office by purchasing a Dog License.
Failure to purchase the required license is a violation of the LGD of Pinawa.
How To Purchase a Dog License
- Complete the Application for Dog License
- Visit the Municipal Office
- Bring proof of a current rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian.
- Pay the license fee of $33 per dog
- If your dog is already registered with the LGD of Pinawa, you will not be given a new tag. New registrations will receive a tag with the LGD of Pinawa and a number on it. This number will be linked to your dog. Place the tag on the collar of the dog. If you lose the tag you can get a replacement for a cost of $2.